Friday, May 15, 2009

Why YOU should be shopping at Trader Joe's

After paying top dollar for groceries at places like Whole Foods and Jewel Osco, I decided I needed a change or I would be eating myself out of house and home. And so my new favorite grocery store is.......Trader Joe's. You may not have one in your area (check at http://www.traderjoes.com/locations.asp), but if you do here are my top 5 reasons why you should shop there.

(1) It's like shopping at a smaller, cheaper Whole Foods. They have healthier alternatives that don't sacrifice great taste and actually end up being cheaper than your average grocery store. For example, they have a healthier version of a bag of Cheetos for $1.95. And they taste great!

(2) You might cut your grocery bill in half. I did!

(3) The employees are very friendly and anxious (yet not over-anxious) to help you find what you need.

(4) Every time you shop there, you get to sign up for a weekly raffle that could win you free groceries.

(5) It's just a positive, fun, shopping experience. Employees wearing Hawaiian shirts, oldies playing over the loudspeakers, people singing along as they shop, free samples, and a more relaxed clientele. I can't help but smile when I'm shopping at Trader Joe's.

If you make the switch, let me know what you think. Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment