Monday, August 9, 2010

Back on the Bandwagon

I'm a little embarrassed.  A little ashamed. I have not blogged for a WHOLE YEAR.  

This past year had a fair amount of stress.  As a teacher, it is so easy to get burned out if balance is not maintained. Balancing school life, church life, social life, and personal life, while fitting in regular exercise, healthy eating, and plenty of sleep can be an exhausting if not impossible endeavor.  Even though my work hours were 8am to 4pm. I usually ended up being at school until 5pm or later. On nights where there were athletic events, I could be there until 9pm.   Healthy habits and blogging quickly slipped down my list of priorities.

And so I confess that I fell off the track. Exercise? Completely went out the window. Sleep? 8 hours is for pansies! Healthy eating? 50% of the time. And my mood? Well when you neglect exercise, sleep, and healthy eating, the end result is not pretty.

So I am pleased to announce that I am ready to get back on the bandwagon! I created this blog as a way to stay on track AND stay human.  If I ate a box of 6 ice cream bars in 2 days (which did happen last week), I wanted to be able to blog about it and brainstorm as to how I could keep that from happening again.  Look for a new post at least once a week if not more often.  I'll be posting more photos of meals I have prepared plus writing reviews of health products I'm testing out.  Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment